Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Perilous Skies: New Horizons

Perilous Skies: New Horizons


Not often do I get to go around and brag about my new and upcoming games, but that is exactly what I am going to do here. In 2010, I released my game Perilous Skies, a game where you take to the skies in fighter jets and shoot enemy fighters down with bullets and homing missiles. The game was a big hit and even won me an award at the first ever ROBLOX Game Conference.


However, Perilous Skies is breaking down. In the midst of that, I decided to start designing a sequel to the game. Instead of adding a '2' to the title, I decided to add in a subheading "New Horizons" representing a new day; new beginning; a new experience to the world of ROBLOX gaming and aviation.

Customize Menu in Alpha version of Perilous Skies: New Horizons

What's New?

Why am I making such a big deal about this game? Do I just want attention? More tickets or Robux? Nope. I am simply excited to share my hard-work with you guys. I am including a lot of cool new features that the original Perilous Skies did not have. Here are a few key changes and additions to New Horizons:

  • Efficient scripting - The  game has a whole network of new coding that was written from absolutely nothing. Using a lot of techniques I've gained over the years from Lua and Java programming, I have made the game run very smoothly so far and still with a lot of cool effects and details.
  • Dynamic saving - Each client has it's own '_G.Data' table that automatically saves in JSON string format and is loaded back on re-entry to the game. This allows me to save virtually any information to the player with little effort at all.
  • Plane Customization - Perilous Skies: New Horizons is all about making your plane what you want it to be! Under the Customization menu, you can upgrade your plane with new fuselages, wings, tail wings, and weapons. To add to the fun, each component has a Primary and Secondary coloring as well. This allows you to color your plane however you want! Decal texturing on the wings and tail wings has been requested by users as well, but I have not decided whether or not to include that yet.
  • Actual Gameplay - Plane physics will be greatly improved. I am hoping to bring some of the best aviation experiences to the players.
  • Interface - The GUI used in the game is drastically different than what most of my games use. I wanted to bring a very smooth experience and easy navigation to the game menus.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see what this sequel will become, Crazyman32, but I'd literally make a game review on this.

    ReplyDelete